So i saw this on a tin of carnation milk once! I always see things like,Banoffee pie and pumpkin pie as being these American sweet things full of ingredients we dont get in the uk! But i am still going to try making pumpkin pie! So when i saw this i was way chuffed! my whole world lit up! (yes i know i am sad)
- 110 mins
- Serves 12
- 100g (3½oz) butter, melted
- 250g (9oz) digestive biscuits
- 100g (3½oz) butter
- 100g (3½oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 4 small bananas
- 300ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
- grated chocolate
- 20cm (8”) loose-bottomed cake tin, greased
- To make the base, process the biscuits until crushed. Stir in the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½") up the sides of the tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: place the butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Add the condensed milk and bring gently to the boil, stirring continuously. When the caramel has started to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the biscuit base. Cool, and then leave to chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Slice the bananas, fold half of them into the softly whipped cream and spoon over the caramel base. Decorate with the remaining bananas and finish with the grated chocolate.
Just to add,I went one step lazier *hides behind her cheffing certificates*
I used a tin of their caramel Instead of heating the condensed milk through with the brown sugar!
I also whacked some ginger nuts in with the Digestive biscuits.
For you Americans out there,digestives are like Graham crackers.
Oh i actually feel ashamed at my laziness,Okay im over it now.
Dont stop here! Read my older posts :D