This is an amazing dish,one of my friends made it last year in one of our lessons.The buttery nuttyness of the walnuts goes really well with the chicken and mmm it is delicious!
This recipe was from the internet (ive forgotten where!) but adapted because we had restricted ingredients.
You will need;
1lb chicken breast (or boneless thigh)
4 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
4 cloves of freshly minced garlic
1 tsp chilli flakes
pinch of salt and pepper
drizzle of veg. oil
6 tbsp walnuts pieces
4 spring onions
( White rice or Egg noodles to serve with)
How to go about it ;
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes.
- Mix the garlic,ginger,soy sauce and chilli flakes in a bowl,add a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add the chicken,mix and coat well and leave to marinate for about 10/15 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot.
- Drizzle oil into the wok and heat.
- Add walnuts and fry until lightly golden. take out and put into a bowl.
- Add the chicken and all of the marinade to the wok fry until chicken is cooked (break a peice in half it should be white and have no pink).
- Add The spring onions (scallions). You can serve this with either rice or egg noodles,personally i prefer egg noodles.
Dice your chicken!
Crush your garlic and ginger! & chop it into teeny tiny pieces
(i know i said mince it,but have you ever tried to pick out the garlic,from a garlic mincer?!)
In a bowl mix your scallions,pepper,salt,garlic & ginger.
Though i re-wrote that recipe & method,it still seems pretty long!
(i also whacked in my walnuts too! Nothing like saving time i say!)
Check out these beauties,i cracked them and picked
out the yummy bits :D
You can use the packet stuff,but i had time to kill
before my driving lesson,(ive heard killing
time is better than mowing down innocent pedestrians!)
Throw your marinaded meat into the oil,in the wok.
i haven't got a wok ( ok i lied we got given one for xmas!! it went rusty and died :| ) so i used my amazing trustworthy Indian karai.
Ive cooked Masala fish to tuna fish pasta in this Gorgeous little thing!
Make sure the oil is really hot and keep moving your chicken because you dont want to be stewing it!
Serve! And indulge,eat till you feel like your going to explode.
Then wash it down with some ice cold water,or maybe some blackcurrant squash.
I came back from my driving lesson,to find this.
i think my brother liked it too much!